EVENT UPDATE: Please note, we are watching and waiting for any changes in directives from the Provincial Health Authority related to lifting the mandate for social distancing. At this time, we are investigating alternative methods to proceed with the FSA Annual General Meeting as scheduled or may be required to reschedule to a later time when we are able to meet face to face once again. Please continue to check this site for updates. We will provide an email to our members indicating a confirmed date and method when more information is available. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Annual General Meeting – POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19
Park Place Lodge
All members in good standing are encouraged to attend
All Morrissey and Coal Creek Trails last groomed March 19th. Please note that under directive from the Provincial Health Authority and BC Trails and Rec Sites we are ceasing operations for the season to help prevent the spread of the COVID 19 Virus. See Update below for more information.
EVENT CANCELLED DUE TO CORONA VIRUS OUTBREAK AND DIRECTIVE BY PROVINCIAL HEALTH AUTHORITY TO CANCEL EVENTS GREATER THAN 50 PEOPLE / INACT SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE AND LOOK FORWARD TO OFFERING THIS EVENT AGAIN NEXT YEAR,
MEETING CANCELLED DUE TO CORONA VIRUS OUTBREAK AND DIRECTIVE BY PROVINCIAL HEALTH AUTHORITY TO CANCEL EVENTS GREATER THAN 50 PEOPLE / INACT SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE WATCH THE EVENTS WEBSITE REGARDING NEXT MONTHS MEETINGS AND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING IN MAY.
Monthly General Meeting
7:15pm at the Park Place Lodge
All members in good standing are invited to attend!
UPDATE MARCH 4rth: EVENT CANCELLED. The organizing committee had to make the tough decision last night to cancel the drags this year due to low snow on the event grounds which would not allow us to run a safe race for competitors. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Undoubtedly one of Fernie’s loudest and most popular winter events, the Fernie Snowmobile Association Snow Drag Races send riders on their modified sleds down a prepared race track. Riders with the fastest times in various heat categories win cold hard cash!
March 7th, 2020 at the Derby Grounds (1800 Railway Ave)
1. Stock: Stock engine, exhaust pipe, susp, &track, Minor clutch mods ok and can be allowed. Pump gas only.
2. Improved: Internal engine porting, pipes, reeds two chassis mods IE: Rolled chaincase lightweight suspension.
3. Mountain: Run what you brung. Must fit cc size for class must have a minimum 1.5” lug track. Big bores must run inappropriate class (ie. 860 runs in 900 mountain)
4. Turbo Stock: Stock Sled with aftermarket turbo kit installed. 2 Chassis mods allowed, suspension changes, lightweight hood or seat allowed, no big bores, pump fuel only.
5. Turbo Mnt: Anything with a turbo goes except for N02.
6. Open Mod: Anything goes.
7. Safety: All sleds must have a working kill switch, snow flap, clutch guard, Rubber tracks only and no traction devices on any sled.
8. Technical Inspections: All sleds must be inspected prior to setting the class. The Race Committee reserves the right to perform engine compression tests/ port inspection on stock, improved and mountain top three sleds in all classes.
$1000 prize to the winner of the Open Class with additional cash prizing for other classes
THIS RACE IS BASED ON FUN, WE APPRECIATE HONESTY, PLEASE READ THE RULES, IF ANYONE IS FOUND TO BE CHEATING OR “BENDING THE RULES” YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED AND NOT INVITED BACK. FUEL WILL BE TESTED IN ALL STOCK CLASSES.
Conditions: 0C, overcast skies, 0cm new snow overnight, total snowpack heights just shy of 3 meters in most riding areas. All trails in good condition. Melt / freeze conditions on lower trails with softer snow at upper elevations.
Groomed: Morrissey, Summit, Doug Dean, McEvoy, Coal Creek, Matheson.