MEETING CANCELLED DUE TO CORONA VIRUS OUTBREAK AND DIRECTIVE BY PROVINCIAL HEALTH AUTHORITY TO CANCEL EVENTS GREATER THAN 50 PEOPLE / INACT SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE WATCH THE EVENTS WEBSITE REGARDING NEXT MONTHS MEETINGS AND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING IN MAY.
Monthly General Meeting
7:15pm at the Park Place Lodge
All members in good standing are invited to attend!
UPDATE MARCH 4rth: EVENT CANCELLED. The organizing committee had to make the tough decision last night to cancel the drags this year due to low snow on the event grounds which would not allow us to run a safe race for competitors. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Undoubtedly one of Fernie’s loudest and most popular winter events, the Fernie Snowmobile Association Snow Drag Races send riders on their modified sleds down a prepared race track. Riders with the fastest times in various heat categories win cold hard cash!
March 7th, 2020 at the Derby Grounds (1800 Railway Ave)
1. Stock: Stock engine, exhaust pipe, susp, &track, Minor clutch mods ok and can be allowed. Pump gas only.
2. Improved: Internal engine porting, pipes, reeds two chassis mods IE: Rolled chaincase lightweight suspension.
3. Mountain: Run what you brung. Must fit cc size for class must have a minimum 1.5” lug track. Big bores must run inappropriate class (ie. 860 runs in 900 mountain)
4. Turbo Stock: Stock Sled with aftermarket turbo kit installed. 2 Chassis mods allowed, suspension changes, lightweight hood or seat allowed, no big bores, pump fuel only.
5. Turbo Mnt: Anything with a turbo goes except for N02.
6. Open Mod: Anything goes.
7. Safety: All sleds must have a working kill switch, snow flap, clutch guard, Rubber tracks only and no traction devices on any sled.
8. Technical Inspections: All sleds must be inspected prior to setting the class. The Race Committee reserves the right to perform engine compression tests/ port inspection on stock, improved and mountain top three sleds in all classes.
$1000 prize to the winner of the Open Class with additional cash prizing for other classes
THIS RACE IS BASED ON FUN, WE APPRECIATE HONESTY, PLEASE READ THE RULES, IF ANYONE IS FOUND TO BE CHEATING OR “BENDING THE RULES” YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED AND NOT INVITED BACK. FUEL WILL BE TESTED IN ALL STOCK CLASSES.
Conditions: 0C, overcast skies, 0cm new snow overnight, total snowpack heights just shy of 3 meters in most riding areas. All trails in good condition. Melt / freeze conditions on lower trails with softer snow at upper elevations.
Groomed: Morrissey, Summit, Doug Dean, McEvoy, Coal Creek, Matheson.
Conditions: -1C, no new snow overnight, 0cm in the past 7 days, total snowpack heights near 3 meters. All trails in good condition. Melt / freeze cycle in effect at lower elevations, strong winds overnight with light blowdown debris on trail.
Groomed: Coal Creek Trail. Summit Trail, Doug Dean Trail, McEvoy Trail, Notch to the Summit.
Conditions: 1c, 0 cm new snow overnight, 20cm the past 7 days, total snowpack heights near 300cm in most riding areas. Lower elevations did not re-freeze overnight – expect spring like corn snow conditions at lower elevations today.
Grooming: Coal Creek. Morrissey, Doug Dean, Summit, McEvoy, half way to the Notch, Morrissey Parking Lot connector trails.