We are a British Columbia Snowmobile Federation (BCSF) member club. When you join our association, you automatically become a member of the BCSF. This province wide organization is dedicated to snowmobile safety, the growth of the sport, protection of the environment, and securing access to public lands for all users.
The Fernie Snowmobile Association manages 150km of groomed trails and three day use cabins. Funds generated from trail pass sales are used to provide grooming, maintain signage and trails, host events, and for the cost of cabin maintenance and improvements.
2017/2018 Annual Membership
Primary Member: $175
Secondary Member or Child age 18 or over in same house as primary member: $60
Child age 17 and younger: $40
Personal Liability ins. $70 each (must be signed in person)
You can register your membership online.
2017/2018 Day Tickets
Day tickets are available for purchase at Ghostrider Motorsports or at the trailheads:
Youth 14 and under: $10
By joining the Fernie Snowmobile Association, you are choosing to support snowmobiling in BC and ensure that we have areas to ride for future generations. So, while many people join the club for a groomed trail there is more to snowmobile clubs than just that. The volunteers in clubs negotiate with government to manage these areas and work hard to meet the ongoing requirements of these agreements. There are many well-funded groups getting organized and advocating to have us removed from the backcountry. We need to stay organized, have strong membership numbers, and support the volunteers that keep this all going so that the people that just want to ride can.
Your Club membership includes a membership in the BCSF which gives you the following benefits with our corporate partners:
- Capri Insurance offers members discounted Liability and Physical Damage Insurance, up to 30% off!
- Sandman Hotels gives 10% off their best advertised rate to BCSF Members
- Best Western Sicamous, Mountain View Cabins in Golden, Hubs Motel in Wells/Barkerville, all offer preferred rates to BCSF Members.
- Free Subscription to SnoRiders Magazine
- Avalanche Safety Solutions offers 10% off safety gear & accessories in November from their online store and their shop in Golden.
- KIMPEX offers $20 off when purchasing $200 or more on CKX products in store. Click the link to find a dealer near you!
- Mark’s Work Wearhouse offers our members 10% off their purchases.
- Discounts with several AST 1 providers including Zacs Tracs, Trigger Point, Summit Avalanche Consulting and Hangfire Training. Ask your AST provider if they provide a discount when you register.