March 7 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Undoubtedly one of Fernie’s loudest and most popular winter events, the Fernie Snowmobile Association Snow Drag Races send riders on their modified sleds down a prepared race track. Riders with the fastest times in various heat categories win cold hard cash!
March 7th, 2020 at the Derby Grounds (1800 Railway Ave)
Scroll down for competitor entry information
1. Stock: Stock engine, exhaust pipe, susp, &track, Minor clutch mods ok and can be allowed. Pump gas only.
2. Improved: Internal engine porting, pipes, reeds two chassis mods IE: Rolled chaincase lightweight suspension.
3. Mountain: Run what you brung. Must fit cc size for class must have a minimum 1.5” lug track. Big bores must run inappropriate class (ie. 860 runs in 900 mountain)
4. Turbo Stock: Stock Sled with aftermarket turbo kit installed. 2 Chassis mods allowed, suspension changes, lightweight hood or seat allowed, no big bores, pump fuel only.
5. Turbo Mnt: Anything with a turbo goes except for N02.
6. Open Mod: Anything goes.
7. Safety: All sleds must have a working kill switch, snow flap, clutch guard, Rubber tracks only and no traction devices on any sled.
8. Technical Inspections: All sleds must be inspected prior to setting the class. The Race Committee reserves the right to perform engine compression tests/ port inspection on stock, improved and mountain top three sleds in all classes.
$1000 prize to the winner of the Open Class with additional cash prizing for other classes
THIS RACE IS BASED ON FUN, WE APPRECIATE HONESTY, PLEASE READ THE RULES, IF ANYONE IS FOUND TO BE CHEATING OR “BENDING THE RULES” YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED AND NOT INVITED BACK. FUEL WILL BE TESTED IN ALL STOCK CLASSES.